Rules implementation - Retire the present referee...

Suggestions for the next VSK version (and VSK bug reports)

Postby euphoria » 19 Dec 2002 14:30

The penalty generator has to the be improved. The overlap rule is not covered correct. Leeward boat should have penalty if luffing inside 2 length circle, not the oposite like it is now. And too many penalties are given even if the boats actually are keeping clear (dipping the stern of the other).
ImageImage
Harald the Horrible
euphoria
Site Admin

Postby Men Bret » 20 Dec 2002 11:05

Yes. Looks like the game does not properly reacts to 18 2 and 18 2 b rules infrigments (and a few others :(). Definitly a step back compared to VSK1, IMHO.
Men Bret

Postby aro69 » 28 Dec 2002 14:18

Yeah... it's plain stock car racing nowadays - boats bump into each other all the time and rules are not respected as the pen engine is out of order... Probably very confusing for those new to the game... :(

Hope VSK Team can improve this in future patch!

Happy holidays,
Anders / aro69
aro69

Postby euphoria » 07 Feb 2003 14:57

This is at least much better with patch 1.3. Rule 18 is taken into account, and the ROW boat doesn't also get a pen that easy when two boats are jammed together anymore. The bug with all pens reset at once in match race is fixed, although the message on the screen is wrong: "Penalty remove from both boat"

But still alot of work to do.

Harald
euphoria
Site Admin

Postby CAN Knot » 07 Feb 2003 19:19

I'd beg to differ about rule 18, particularly 18.2c... there is still a lot of work to be done. The other day I set (what I thought was a great mark trap), only to have the boat clear astern dive inside, ricochette of me (giving me a penalty, but not getting one himself) and then sail off into the distance...

However, I do agree that the judges do seem to be getting (a bit) better.
In theory there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice there is.
CAN Knot

Postby Peelman » 07 Feb 2003 19:31

One of the next features for a patch should be a sailing level that has no rules because the sailors can agree amongst themselves ie. us team racing types. This would be very easy to do especially when everyone is on RW.

This new patch would get my vote but it might be hard to do depending on how the rules are coded into the game.
Neil
"Peelman"
Peelman

Return to Virtual Skipper Future