The VSK Umpire - He will (hopefully) improve soon

Suggestions for the next VSK version (and VSK bug reports)

Postby euphoria » 20 Feb 2003 19:18

In an e-mail to Adrienne today, I reminded her of ITBYC's offer to help Duran make a better umpire for the game.

I got this reply:
thank you very much for your proposition. As soon as we have someone here whose job will be the improvement of the rules I will tell you so you can help this person. We will really apreciate your help.

So don't stop posting! Let us know if you have ideas of how the algorithm's can be improved to adopt the rules better. Make separate topics for each rule.

Harald
euphoria
Site Admin

Postby CAN Knot » 25 Feb 2003 19:52

Hmmmm, I wonder if Duran would consider hiring a programmer in New York?!? I'd love to get into the VSK source code and fix some of these problems myself...
In theory there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice there is.
CAN Knot

Postby TeamNZ » 26 Feb 2003 12:56

hell yeh, having you 2 on the vsk staff would be great for VSK :) and i mean that sincerly. not just :beer: talk
My Home Weather Station 'Live'
VSK 5 boatname = "Insider [NZ]"
TeamNZ

Postby admiral 1 » 26 Feb 2003 16:36

Yo Keith, suppose there are a lot more thinking along similar lines :)

But I don't think the problem lies in the programming eg. writing the code. Problem lies in the algorithms, eg. definitions of parameters and functions. IMHO it is better to have different people (groups) working on that, the more views the better. The programmer then can look at the various forums to get some notion of the better solution and the algorithms needed, and fit it all into the code, or decide that available recources do not justify the means..........

Now suppose the judge can be lifted from the game engine, we could have a look over only the rule concerning algorithms.
Theeuwes de Jong, skipper of Admiral

"As far as I can remember, there aren't a lot of points of land or holidays named after people who sat at home and criticized Christopher Columbus."

( Paul Cayard, from the Pirates base, in an e-mail to race HQ. 25 Jan 2006 volvooceanrace.org)
admiral 1

Return to Virtual Skipper Future