ISAF Rules Update - 2005-2008 Roolz

Suggestions for the next VSK version (and VSK bug reports)

Postby Skiffie » 26 Aug 2004 13:41

Does anyone know if Nadeo are working on a patch for the new ISAF rules for VSK3?
Mark (Skiffie)
Team Rumbilical Brothers

"That was the best Friday night I've had in a week."
Skiffie

Postby euphoria » 26 Aug 2004 14:51

Take it for granted that they are not.

Harald
euphoria
Site Admin

Postby admiral 1 » 26 Aug 2004 16:50

Was VSK3 EOL-ed? Or is it just a matter of priorities, as obviously Trackmania has become a proverbial cash-cow and the follow-up (due 1st quarter 2005) is worked on full hands. VSK3 maybe able to benefit from the TM work without to much efford to be put in.
If you can get some info on what assumption might come true. VSK 4 in 4-th qrt 2005? Shader 3.0? VOR class?
Theeuwes de Jong, skipper of Admiral

"As far as I can remember, there aren't a lot of points of land or holidays named after people who sat at home and criticized Christopher Columbus."

( Paul Cayard, from the Pirates base, in an e-mail to race HQ. 25 Jan 2006 volvooceanrace.org)
admiral 1

Postby CAN Knot » 29 Aug 2004 04:00

Harald wrote:Take it for granted that they are not.

Does it really matter though? The wording of some rules has changed, but I don't think the intent of any of the rules has changed. And the rules that have changed seem to be so subtle/obscure that I doubt we'd notice the difference.

AFAIK VSK3 complies with the 2005-2008 rules just as well as it did the 2001-2004 rules :beer: :beer: :beer:

Admiral wrote:Was VSK3 EOL-ed?

Likely a matter of priorities (we hope). There are no "game stopping" bugs in VSK3 so there likely isn't any hurry to update it. If I was Nadeo I'd come out with an update 6-12 months before the next AC, which means we would have to put up with VSK3 for awhile. But it does seem to get the job done nicely, we just have to have more people buying VSK3!
In theory there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice there is.
CAN Knot

Postby AndersDK » 03 Sep 2004 13:38

we just have to have more people buying VSK3!

Inspiration for all:
I have an arrangement with a journalist from the leading Danish sailing magazine, that he/we will make an articel during the fall. I will tell about the racing and the communities. I just wrote him an email, offering him some "content" for his dry wintermonths...

btw, I will need a little help to make the right international approach, when it come so far... without asking, I count on you all... :p

Anders
AndersDK

Postby admiral 1 » 10 Sep 2004 18:13

Suggest you get a 2-nd system set up with ventrillo and all. Give him a quick 1 o 1 in team racing with vsk3 and head for an allnighter on a saturday with a case of beer in the middle doing teamraces with the res of us. After that on some other day maybe, have him do some serious matchracing at vsk-match.com. That should get him hooked.....

So what do you need?
Theeuwes de Jong, skipper of Admiral

"As far as I can remember, there aren't a lot of points of land or holidays named after people who sat at home and criticized Christopher Columbus."

( Paul Cayard, from the Pirates base, in an e-mail to race HQ. 25 Jan 2006 volvooceanrace.org)
admiral 1

Return to Virtual Skipper Future