Pre-race lobby

Suggestions for the next VSK version (and VSK bug reports)

Postby euphoria » 04 May 2005 08:18

We were not happy when Nadeo changed the lobby from vsk2 style to the concept we have with vsk3. Now that we have used vsk3 for 1.5 years, what is our experience with it?

I think both have advantages. What would an ideal system be?

Harald
euphoria
Site Admin

Postby Andy(NZ) » 12 May 2005 09:10

Well given the Trackmania foyer and VSK3 foyer were almost identical I decided to download the demo copy of Trackmania Sunrise and check out it's foyer.

Sadly none of the common features we have been asking for (especially ability to have a pre-race chat) were included. In fact other than a pleasant revamp of the actual graphics design nothing much had changed ! It is possibly a little more user friendly.

Let's face it any enhancements to VSK will include the Trackmania advancements - which is natural of course, why reinvent the wheel ?

So for me: Pre-race chat with other players is my priority (both those in a game and waiting for a game) - if for no other reason than to tell me what the damn password is !

Actually Trackmania Sunrise is a pretty nice looking product - any petrol heads out should take a look ! While in the Foyer I noticed simply dozens and dozens of online servers so it's no wonder this is Nadeo's flagship product. Hopefully good Trackmania sales will boost effort on VSK :)
Andy(NZ)

Postby Odin » 14 May 2005 05:25

Would be nice to see boat type in the lobby so I don't have to click on every race to see what they are racing.
Odin
Odin

Postby CAN Knot » 14 May 2005 17:35

I'd like to be able to see a map of the course without have to join the race.

If Nadeo isn't going to include a chat room in the lobby they should at least set up an "Official" IRC server so people know where to congregate.
In theory there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice there is.
CAN Knot

Return to Virtual Skipper Future