ITBYC suggestions - we should make some....

Suggestions for the next VSK version (and VSK bug reports)

Postby Bifrosty » 07 Jan 2001 22:45

We should agree on some things on vsk2 and send the stuff to Duran as a request from ITBYC, a good example would be to request some sort of team racing capabilities in vsk2...

well use this forum, whenever you think of something that would make vsk a better game...
Bifrosty

Postby admiral 1 » 07 Jan 2001 23:03

no suggestions just simplicity, vsk needs a very strict diet. Demand less recources. Drop code until they have a stable and solid version. Then port it to multiple os making sure they as a whole are stable. Then and only then should more features be added, these evetualy all optional. Hey.... they know that, I know that, you know that.
I would like vsk to wait as long as possible before bringing out vsk 2. Unless they have to finance wise.
Theeuwes de Jong, skipper of Admiral

"As far as I can remember, there aren't a lot of points of land or holidays named after people who sat at home and criticized Christopher Columbus."

( Paul Cayard, from the Pirates base, in an e-mail to race HQ. 25 Jan 2006 volvooceanrace.org)
admiral 1

Postby Bifrosty » 08 Jan 2001 02:17

yeah we can all agree that vsk isn't a master piece code wise...
the gameplay is cool though.

i'm gonna make some basic drafts of how the multiplayer in vsk2 should function, i'll make a little page with them here on itbyc and if enough of you agree on them, i'll have euphoria or some body to submit them to duran on behalf of itbyc.

for some reason i don't think they will listen to me, ;););)
Bifrosty

Postby euphoria » 08 Jan 2001 14:02

My first suggestion is that we post each suggestion as seperate messages :v-wink:. If it's posted by someone else allready, add your new comments as a reply to that message. I'll add my suggestions later (need to work now...), but my main priority would be to improve all excisting features of the game before adding new features.
euphoria
Site Admin

Return to Virtual Skipper Future