Freedom TRC event format

Open 24/7

Freedom TRC event format

Postby jiel » 17 Apr 2020 20:52

Finally I think to have found the correct format. At least, one format I love :

* Follow the race table
* At the event start, if one or several skippers is late, allow spec to enter at the admin signal : "enter who can"
* Allow anyone to leave the event at any moment (not during race)
* No complicated question about who enters : at the admin signal, first to enter takes the spot
* Anyone inside, may stay in the event as long as he wants

CU soon,
Jean-Luc
jiel

Re: Freedom TRC event format

Postby Shura » 18 Apr 2020 08:16

this format is good for training.
For races with a rating, everything should be strict.
Only registered racers are participating.

P.S.
Today there are already many riders who are with each other who can form stable teams.

Now the races are like a fleet with match racing elements, there is no team help.
we need to develop team combinations already.
Leo Tolstoy in my years did not write this.
Shura

Postby jiel » 18 Apr 2020 10:13

For races with a rating, everything should be strict.
Only registered racers are participating.

What is not strict when a registered skipper 10 minutes late to be replaced by a vsk-team spectator ? Is it correct to wait or to cancel an event ?
Now imagine at race 3, you have an emergency at home, visitor, kid crying, electrical failure, disconnection, tired, ... Do we must cancel the event ? Do we must require reason why you were disconnected, why you want to skip one race, ... ? Remember it is a friendly event, not the world championship.

Today there are already many riders who are with each other who can form stable teams.

Yes it is why I proposed you to form the "Dream Team" with Magnar :) and I would like to add Alb in it.
The event format allows to organize meetings (stable T / stable T) or (stable T / random T) or (random T / random T). The stable team has only to stay on the water.

Now the races are like a fleet with match racing elements, there is no team help. we need to develop team combinations already.

When I MR, it is because I am 4 or 5 and want to keep the pos. When I am 1 or 2, I may trap . All that is to help the team and consequently to save or to improve the combo. Not you ?

Anyway, the Admin may do what he wants and everybody might read the description before to join.

Jean-Luc
jiel

Postby euphoria » 18 Apr 2020 15:27

jiel wrote:I proposed you to form the "Dream Team" with Magnar :) and I would like to add Alb in it.
The event format allows to organize meetings (stable T / stable T) or (stable T / random T) or (random T / random T). The stable team has only to stay on the water.

If you are going to use the TRC for stable teams, then I suggest you un-tick the ranking for that event. Because the ranking system is based on teams changing for every race, as it's an individual ranking, not a team raking. We have another ranking for teams at Vsk Team Challenge (VTC)...

But if you want to use Magnar for VTC, I would complain as he is a Nor Team Viking, and we have to fight over him :lol:.

Harald
euphoria
Site Admin

Postby jiel » 18 Apr 2020 18:16

I suggest you un-tick the ranking for that event

Hum if the ranking is based on the ELO system, it is not of importance if the teams are stable or not. Of course, the team as a whole is not ranked but who cares ? Especially because stable teams are never stable for ever.
jiel

Postby euphoria » 18 Apr 2020 22:22

Imagine if you do 10 races in a row with the same teams.
Team Red: Skippers A B C
Team Blue: Skippers D E F

A B and D are very good skippers
C E and F are not so good skippers

Red team wins 10-0. Skipper C sailed very well during all races, maybe better than A and B, but did not have a chance due to team strength combined. Skipper C sailed very bad, but team mates fixed the wins.

This would give same amount of points won for A B and C.
And same amount of points lost for D E and F.

By mixing teams, these effects are minimized.

Elo rank of team is average elo rank of team members. Not optimal, but it's there until something better is thought of...

Harald
euphoria
Site Admin

Return to VSK Skippers Pub