Outside Tournament Results for VTC?

Visit the race office to ask questions and to receive the latest news about the VTC.

Moderator: VTC Race Committee

Postby ARK Racing » 04 Feb 2008 16:16

Harald,

Is it appropriate to use results from events like Team League for VTC if both teams agree?
Greg
Team USA
2007 Team League Champions
2008 WTRC Champions
ARK Racing

Postby euphoria » 04 Feb 2008 17:45

Yes, the VTC is just a common database for team racing results, independant on where the race is sailed, just like VSK Match is the common database for match racing. You don't even have to agree in advance. If both teams are signed up at the VTC, then the result is valid. I can't see any reason for not having a result of a race not scored at VTC (unless racing under conditions that varies signifficantly from "ordinary" team racing conditions).

Harald
euphoria
Site Admin

Postby Skiffie » 07 Apr 2008 04:40

Harald, a question...

VSK-AUS has a Team Racing Championship running, where we are getting all teams to enter their results to VTC.

One issue we have is the Rumbilical Brothers have two teams entered for the championship - but the team members swap about each month. Currently Skandia and Victorious Secret have recorded results of Thursday night racing against Rumbilical Brothers since beginning of March.

Do you see any problems with this continuing?

(also, I've been slack to record our victories in this time - can I email you the correct dates for our victories, as the Submit Results screen does not allow a change in date)
Mark (Skiffie)
Team Rumbilical Brothers

"That was the best Friday night I've had in a week."
Skiffie

Postby euphoria » 07 Apr 2008 13:32

How you do this is up to you, but you have to make it clear to your opponents what your choice is:
A: If you want to keep results from an event out of VTC, due to a good reason.
B: If you want results regarding both teams to contribute for the common team.
C: If you want one of the teams to be the "main team" of which results should be scored at VTC.

If results are not very old, I would post-score them. But not more than a couple of weeks max.

Harald
euphoria
Site Admin

Return to Race Office