Team size

Visit the race office to ask questions and to receive the latest news about the VTC.

Moderator: VTC Race Committee

Team size

Postby Aus26 » 29 Jan 2011 00:39

As a question to the VTC

What is the defined amount of a team?

Is it the minimum 3 or is it 3 with reserves?
Aus26

Re: Team size

Postby euphoria » 29 Jan 2011 01:18

1.1 Minimum number of members per team is 3.

SI says nothing about reserves.

Harald
euphoria
Site Admin

Postby Aus26 » 29 Jan 2011 01:36

Cheers Harald for the quick reply.

If a team from New Zealand had 3 only sailors that they wished to nominate for WTRC, would they be entitled to 1 international sailor?

1.3.3: states that The country the team is representing does not have enough VSK sailors in order to line up a full team.

In this instance there will be 3 from that country. Does this make 1.3.3 irrelevant?
Aus26

Postby euphoria » 29 Jan 2011 02:07

I have cross posted through a PM, which answers to where you are heading :). Minimum 3 means you are allowed to line up a team of 3. The rule also says that it is recommended that the team consist of 5-6 skippers. This in order to be flexible, to make it easier to find a race date between two teams. It's much easier to find a race date for 6 skippers (2 teams of 3 each) if you can choose from 10-12 skippers, than if you only have 6 who all has to be present. So if there are only 3 VSK team racers from a country, they will likely be be exempted under 1.3.3, at least temporarily.

Harald
euphoria
Site Admin

Postby admiral 1 » 29 Jan 2011 03:40

I strongly advise any NZL team to look only within its borders. Only after a jury finds that there are not enough vsk sailors in NZL then "may" the VTC RC allow....
I advise to at the very least document all recuiting attempts amongts NZL vsk players should the team decide to atke on a 4th international sailor...
and if an international sailor the it highly adiseable to make sure that skipper is from a country that can not possibly have enough players to make a team.

NZL as the country with one sailoboat per citizen is going to have a real hard time convincing my team....
Theeuwes de Jong, skipper of Admiral

"As far as I can remember, there aren't a lot of points of land or holidays named after people who sat at home and criticized Christopher Columbus."

( Paul Cayard, from the Pirates base, in an e-mail to race HQ. 25 Jan 2006 volvooceanrace.org)
admiral 1

Return to Race Office