Transfer request for opinion

Visit the race office to ask questions and to receive the latest news about the VTC.

Moderator: VTC Race Committee

Transfer request for opinion

Postby admiral 1 » 26 Jan 2012 12:44

We kindly request further clarification on the transfer rule.

Si § 5.1.2 (I think)

A transfer from one team to another can only happen during the 4 months from May to August. To be revised. Not valid for WTRC 2012.

Q: For VTC races and challenges this rule seams still valid. Meaning until April 30st 2012 Teams can only race in a constellation as was regsitered on September 1st 2011?

Q: For WTRC team and members have to be registered in VTC to be eligible to race. Does that mean that to be elligible for WTRC a team no longer is elligble to race for VTC?

Q: We aim to sail or have sailed VTC challenges, in constellations changed after september 1 2011 that are as per transfer rule elligble to race in WTRC 2012, between September 1 2011 and april 30 2012. Without or opponents filing a protest, without the PC or RC filing a protest, will results stand, regardless of our elligibility to race for VTC?

Regards,

Team Europe.
Admiral
Theeuwes de Jong, skipper of Admiral

"As far as I can remember, there aren't a lot of points of land or holidays named after people who sat at home and criticized Christopher Columbus."

( Paul Cayard, from the Pirates base, in an e-mail to race HQ. 25 Jan 2006 volvooceanrace.org)
admiral 1

Re: Transfer request for opinion

Postby euphoria » 26 Jan 2012 17:06

Hi Theo,

I see that the wording is not the best. Of course we want the VTC and WTRC to be on the same track.
I'll update the text to say "not valid until further notice". The team admins needs to agree on the revised rule :) (see discussions in forum).

Sorry about the confusion, and thx for highlighting.

Harald
euphoria
Site Admin

Return to Race Office