Team CANADA

Use this forum if you want to register a team, change team information or if you want to look for other skippers to create a team.

Moderator: VTC Race Committee

Postby CAN uck » 15 Mar 2005 15:26

Hey, I'm not a lumberjack, or a fur trader....
I don't live in an igloo or eat blubber, or own a dogsled....
and I don't know Jimmy, Sally or Suzy from Canada,
although I'm certain they're really really nice.

I have a Prime Minister, not a president.
I speak English and French, not American.
And I pronounce it 'about', not 'a boot'.

I can proudly sew my country's flag on my backpack.
I believe in peace keeping, not policing,
diversity, not assimilation,
and that the beaver is a truly proud and noble animal.
A toque is a hat, a chesterfield is a couch,
and it is pronounced 'zed' not 'zee', 'zed' !!!!

Canada is the second largest landmass!
The first nation of hockey!
and the best part of North America

My name is Jake!!
And I am Canadian!!!

Now that I got that out of the way, I know all you Canadians will be lining up to join THE team!!
JaKe

Only the nose knows, Where the nose goes, When the door close.
CAN uck

Postby conchitage » 15 Mar 2005 17:07

Very well said Jake .I am canadian and very proud of that. The name(honor) of the canadians around the world ,is very well saw. But ,Jake,we know as we are the bests,please,dont say that to the others,they will be jealous.
My english is bad, but for the VAC no problem, je parle un français impeccable.

Gerard :p
conchitage

Postby CAN uck » 16 Mar 2005 15:34

Yes they will be especially jealous when they realize we are the only country I know of that uses a beer commercial to establish their identity. :p

But it certainly does fit in well with the club raison d'etre.

Afraid that is the sum total of my french. Both my daughters are bilingual as we put them in french immersion from the start of school.

Wish my french was as good as your english Gerard. If I wasn't an old married man I would still be trying to pick up the "hot" french girls with "Tu est tres joli" and "Je m'appelle Jacques". Pretty sad, EH!
JaKe

CAN uck

Postby Alfa_Romeo » 17 Mar 2005 00:25

I suppose you have to be a full member, do you? If not I would love to be part of the team. I AM CANADIAN! :D

Alfa
Alfa_Romeo (CAN)
Alfa_Romeo

Postby CAN uck » 17 Mar 2005 04:02

Alfa, thank you very much for your interest in THE Team, Team CANADA.

Yes, you do need to be a full member. We do not want to give those other teams any reason to complain that we are bringing in "ringers" in order to kick their asses. Especially since there is no need with the amount of Canadian talent in the club.

All I can suggest is if you have not already sent in an application please do so immediately. Try to show up on Monday evenings for team racing and from a political point of view try not to win EVERY race :D

Their is no guarantee but knowing these guys like I do - race with them, drink with them, argue rules with them, beat them if you can, and they will want you back.

Jake
JaKe

CAN uck

Postby Peelman » 17 Mar 2005 06:06

What are the details as I'm in the process of moving this month.............only thing I hate worse than moving is breaking up w/ a woman!!!
Neil
"Peelman"
Peelman

Postby JTF » 17 Mar 2005 15:43

Alfa Romeo,
While the ITBYC Canada team may be for members only, the TR ladder is not. Recruit a team and join the fun!
JTF

Postby CAN uck » 17 Mar 2005 16:12

Neil, this is the Team Racing Challenge Ladder. Look in subject VSK TRCL or on the main headings on the top of your screen beside FORUM ie TEAM RANKING
JaKe

CAN uck

Postby Alfa_Romeo » 17 Mar 2005 20:19

CAN uck wrote:Alfa, thank you very much for your interest in THE Team, Team CANADA.

Yes, you do need to be a full member. We do not want to give those other teams any reason to complain that we are bringing in "ringers" in order to kick their asses. Especially since there is no need with the amount of Canadian talent in the club.

All I can suggest is if you have not already sent in an application please do so immediately. Try to show up on Monday evenings for team racing and from a political point of view try not to win EVERY race :D

Their is no guarantee but knowing these guys like I do - race with them, drink with them, argue rules with them, beat them if you can, and they will want you back.

Jake

Alright, no problem. Sent in an application a while ago and I would race but my Virtual Skipper isn't working at the moment ??? I'll have to try re-installing it.

Alfa
Alfa_Romeo (CAN)
Alfa_Romeo

Postby CAN Knot » 05 Apr 2005 18:32

I AM CANADIAN.

So I guess I better put my name down here as well, although now that spring has sprung I suspect that I won't be around much over the next few months... Jake also asked about my Canadian skin, and of course Team Canada is more than welcome to use it. I'll fix up the skin, rename it and post a link when its ready.

P.S. Those of you that don't live in Canada likely didn't get Jake's beer commercial reference. For the online video go to
http://home7.swipnet.se/~w-72891/CanadianClub/CCsales/ad.html
to check it out. This was a HUGE hit in Canada; a true classic of Canadian entertainment ;)
In theory there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice there is.
CAN Knot

Postby Oobie » 06 Apr 2005 01:56

CAN Knot wrote:P.S. Those of you that don't live in Canada likely didn't get Jake's beer commercial reference.

You're right Keith we didn't get it. But I was fairly sure that Jake didn't just make that up on the spot either :;):

Think they got the "beaver" bit wrong though... :p
Oobie

Postby CAN Knot » 06 Apr 2005 14:52

BAH, hardly. The beaver is a proud and noble animal. Proof can be found at http://gprime.net/video.php/wheresyourpetbeaver
In theory there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice there is.
CAN Knot

Postby Oobie » 07 Apr 2005 00:40

CAN Knot wrote:BAH, hardly. The beaver is a proud and noble animal. Proof can be found at http://gprime.net/video.php/wheresyourpetbeaver

Nice ad. I was talking about the "other" beaver though..... C'mon Keith, get your mind in the gutter.
Oobie

Postby Alfa_Romeo » 07 Apr 2005 04:30

CAN Knot wrote:BAH, hardly. The beaver is a proud and noble animal. Proof can be found at http://gprime.net/video.php/wheresyourpetbeaver

haha! Hadn't seen that one :D
Alfa_Romeo (CAN)
Alfa_Romeo

Return to Team Entries