team one australia - new team

Use this forum if you want to register a team, change team information or if you want to look for other skippers to create a team.

Moderator: VTC Race Committee

Postby ralphie » 15 Apr 2008 11:45

hi following are the members of a new team one australia ,team members our team is
colt, founding member
scardfield
ledge- andrew cant sail thursday at the moment due to footy training back when season finishes
wave chaser- lee
awesome- john
anticipaction- mike
naga
shark frenzy-rick
jaws- bazza
sorry i forgot
BROOME DREAMING- gary
outageous
steve
jaycee,
HAWKEYE
ralphie
:)

Edited By ralphie on 1208252788
its nice to be important but important to be nice
ralphie

Postby euphoria » 18 Apr 2008 10:20

Hi Ralphie,

Your team is now present in the VTC database.
Can you please get your team member to register in that database, if they haven't already done so?
It seems like only 2 team members are registered:
awesome
Jaw(AUS)
http://www.itbyc.org/vtc/teamprofile.php?id=48

http://www.itbyc.org/vtc/signup.php

Harald
euphoria
Site Admin

Re: team one australia - new team

Postby broomedreaming » 21 Jan 2011 00:39

Hi VTC Race Committee

TOA would like to add PlayBouy's ToA.

PlayBouy's ToA comes from England and therefore we will be asking the VTC race committee approval for PlayBouy's ToA to join TOA as an international member.

The VTC Race Committee may approve use of an international member under one of the following premices:
The international has been a member of the team at least since 2009.
The country the team is representing does not have enough VSK sailors in order to line up a full team.
The country the international member is citizen of does not have enough VSK sailors in order to line up a full team.

Our main concern is that TOA may not have enough players that will be able to schedule races that will be suitable for both teams, if the opponents come from the other side of the planet. Having a member in from England will go along way in overcoming this potential problem. Although not listed by VTC as a approved reason, PlayBouy's ToA server for hosting is very reliable, something that has dogged us in the past.

Cheers
Broome Dreaming
broomedreaming

Postby euphoria » 21 Jan 2011 02:07

Hi Broom,

You listed the criterias for the international exemptions.
The VTC Race Committee can not give exemptions for other reasons than this.
I don't think AUS is too small for the exemption.
Is there any reasons GBR might classify under the third option?

Regards,
Harald,
for the VTC Race Committee
euphoria
Site Admin

Postby broomedreaming » 21 Jan 2011 02:23

Hi Haral

I know that this might be stretching things a little, but it appears that from a population base of around 60 million people, that there are no registered teams in VTC/ITBYC database from the UK. Therefore could you please approve the membership of Playbouy's ToA to Team One Australia, under clause 3.

Regards
Broome
broomedreaming

Postby broomedreaming » 21 Jan 2011 09:29

Hi Harald

I'm also thinking that you are missing the point of why I believe that TOA would be entitled to an exemption under option 2: The country the team is representing does not have enough VSK sailors in order to line up a full team.

If all teams that we are going to sail against, are prepared to sail between 20:00 - 22:00 hr on a Friday Saturday or Sunday nights, Sydney time, then the amount of vsk sailors from Australia would be large and we wouldnt need to increase our team numbers. However, from past experience in WTRC2010, more often than not, requests came in for us to race somewhere between 3 am and 10 am. The amount of sailors in vsk from Australia that are able to sail in these time slots is very small, probably only a handful and even then, some of them don't do teams racing. Therefore TOA was caught short a few times when we were not able to line up a full team, needed to reschedule, conceded races or in extreme case, wasn't able to negotiate a suitable with a particular team at all.

To increase the possibility of TOA fielding a team that both teams can agree on, it is important to us that we have members that can play early hours in the morning Sydney. There aren't many in Australia that I am aware of, that are not in a team already that fill this requirement. Therefore our second option is to have an international member, in this case one that lives in GBR.

Regards
Gary
broomedreaming

Postby broomedreaming » 02 Feb 2011 00:54

Bump

If I could have a decision from RC, one way or another on the eligibility of Playbouy TOA, that would be good, preferably before nominations close for wrtc2011.
broomedreaming

Postby euphoria » 02 Feb 2011 01:10

You will get an answer within the next couple of days.
The only question is whether GBR is too small in VSK team racing to line up a full team.
We cannot relate to the convenience for your team to have a member in the euro time zones.

Harald
euphoria
Site Admin

Postby admiral 1 » 02 Feb 2011 12:32

Arc
Playbuoy,
Buoyracer,
Camster

If pressured you might get help from
Aquabat
Gerbil Racing

All British skipper mentioned above either have "international" status or trying to achieve that status....
or have been inactive for various reasons.

Don't you hear the battle cries..... go and safe the Empire know! Give up trying to beat Spain in football try virtual team racing...

The VTC front end allows individual skipper to contact eachother...... now get going..

Actually anyone can PM or mail all UK Skippers in the database, afaik there are some other communities where one could search for UK Skippers.

Team Europe would "borrow" Arc if he so would to any UK team.. For any other event please note that we do really really like to sail together with our decade old friend..
(The only thing blocking this proposition is Team Europe borrowing me to any dutch team. Which would then derail our German friend... but don't pitty us.. we rather split then
not have royal battles between nations.. FYI Yes i've been PM in and mailing all Dutch skipper i can get a PM or Mail to.)
Theeuwes de Jong, skipper of Admiral

"As far as I can remember, there aren't a lot of points of land or holidays named after people who sat at home and criticized Christopher Columbus."

( Paul Cayard, from the Pirates base, in an e-mail to race HQ. 25 Jan 2006 volvooceanrace.org)
admiral 1

Postby admiral 1 » 02 Feb 2011 19:01

If all teams that we are going to sail against, are prepared to sail between 20:00 - 22:00 hr on a Friday Saturday or Sunday nights, Sydney time, then the amount of vsk sailors from Australia would be large and we wouldnt need to increase our team numbers. However, from past experience in WTRC2010, more often than not, requests came in for us to race somewhere between 3 am and 10 am. The amount of sailors in vsk from Australia that are able to sail in these time slots is very small, probably only a handful and even then, some of them don't do teams racing. Therefore TOA was caught short a few times when we were not able to line up a full team, needed to reschedule, conceded races or in extreme case, wasn't able to negotiate a suitable with a particular team at all.

Scheduling should be a half way meeting OR at least on average go your way every second time...
So just say you can sail saturdays at 08:00 GMT Frydays or Saturdays ... that should be good enough and trust the PC to protect you from receiving the bad end of every scheduling..
any other team that does not keep their saturdays free for extreme scheduling demands IMO can be scored walked over right away..

You could request the RC to permit a Team to race on Saturdays, Frydays and Sundays only after a Team has scheduled all races against Teams in an opposite timezone (+/- 3 hrs).

Also you could submit request to the WTRC RC to put all Australien / Oceanien teams in on Group enabling to meet teams in an opposite timezone as late as possible.

Basically up until quater finals at least, races do not have to be intercontinental..Make it 4 timezones and scheduling is not a problem until the half finals... fromwich all races can be held in 2 weekends)

That however is a matter for the WTRC and requests should go there.

"As far as I can remember, there aren't a lot of points of land or holidays named after people who sat at home and criticized Christopher Columbus."

( Paul Cayard, from the Pirates base, in an e-mail to race HQ. 25 Jan 2006 volvooceanrace.org)
admiral 1

Postby broomedreaming » 03 Feb 2011 00:58

Basically up until quater finals at least, races do not have to be intercontinental..Make it 4 timezones and scheduling is not a problem until the half finals... fromwich all races can be held in 2 weekends)

I do like this idea. Therefore i'm assuming that the top 2 teams from each time zone goes onto the quarter finals. How many teams are there, that fall in-between +/- 3 hours of London time? I'm thinking that it maybe a few more than 3 hours either side of Sydney time. Where would you put the Russian teams? I have heard that the time difference between the west coast and the east coast is 12 hours! Unfortunately it may appear that the idea of grouping teams into time zones may throw up more problems than it solves.
broomedreaming

Postby admiral 1 » 03 Feb 2011 02:37

Unfortunately it may appear that the idea of grouping teams into time zones may throw up more problems than it solves.

ehr anything better then random picking helps doesn't it? I'ld hate to end up in a group with all Australien teams... :)

admiral 1

Postby euphoria » 07 Feb 2011 09:36

Exemption to VTC rule 1.3.3 is not given for PlayBouy's ToA.

Harald
euphoria
Site Admin

Return to Team Entries