USA RPC Feb 10

Forum for TRC events. Pre race messages, protests and post race chat...

Moderator: VTC Race Committee

USA RPC Feb 10

Postby Aus26 » 11 Feb 2011 06:45

Humble apologies for only being able to do two races for the US RPC, I was called to an urgent job in my area. I am sorry if this caused an inconvenience.
Aus26

Re: USA RPC Feb 10

Postby euphoria » 11 Feb 2011 11:26

I see 7 races with you:
http://www.itbyc.org/vtc/rpc_scoreboard.php?id=11

Someone else stepped in?
In that case, the event should not be scored, or finish the event by resailing the first two races.

Harald
euphoria
Site Admin

Postby NuuK(Soulwave) » 11 Feb 2011 16:38

On TS I pointed out that we should start this event new (with Jesse, who replaced Brenton). But the crewd just wanted to go on after the 2 races, to save time.
Resailing should be quite hard, I suggest to let this event as it is and
1.) adding this to ranking (when everybody [jesse and brenton] are agree), like it was yesterday consens
or
2.) Just let the event as it is and being happy with that races and not include this to the ranking.

As the crewd yesterday still wanted 1.) I did so. But as Resailing is not really makeably we should not include the event to the ranking.

Holger
NuuK(Soulwave)

Postby TiGER » 11 Feb 2011 18:18

Agree with Holger.

Yesterday in TS all skippers agreed upon Jessie as substitute for Brenton and sailing on Brenton's ranking. Yesterday i took it as Brenton already agreed upon that.

If Brenton disagrees than the races should not be scored of course.

The nice races between 3 continents' skippers no one can take away from us though and should be repeated as soon as possible.
TiGER

Postby Abra » 11 Feb 2011 18:50

Brenton,

Your services are more important and God bless you for what you do.

As explained by Holgar the event would have to be restarted if we didnt find another skipper to fill your spot. We found Jesses (Halcyon) to fill your shoes (he did did have his lag issues) but did a bang up job in my race with him, so all is good ;).

All races were scored with you as skipper in order to NOT restart the entire event. Having done 2 races in 45 minutes the consensus was to try to continue rather than add time to an otherwise late night for most.

In all fairness to you If you would like us to retract the results for this event I am sure it would not be an issue with the rest of the competitors.

As Jan has stated it was pretty cool to have skippers from all over the globe (although Jan i think it was 4 continents).

It was a dry run for some of us, and once you understand the process it could be quite fun.

Anyway Brenton, being the host for this event, and wanting to maintain fairness to all competitors, please a let us know if you would like the results retracted.

Best,

Dan
Dan Butler
Crew - Team U.S.A.
Skipper - Abracadabra USA 17
Abra

Postby NuuK(Soulwave) » 11 Feb 2011 20:55

Its not a problem at all.
A skipper can not be replaced by another during the running event. That distorted the ranking.
Event deleted.

regards,
Holger
NuuK(Soulwave)

Return to Team Racing Cup - Official Protests