Race 2 - TRC 1 April

Forum for TRC events. Pre race messages, protests and post race chat...

Moderator: VTC Race Committee

Race 2 - TRC 1 April

Postby sailgood » 01 Apr 2020 20:28

There is 2 protest siuation:

1: SGD protest SOVA for broke rule 10/11. min of replay 7.22
2: SGD protest SOVA for broke rule 13 (Opponent is agree about this situaition)
Attachments
TR Straight F5 v.4(01'02''18) race 2.Replay.Gbx
(317.25 KiB) Downloaded 292 times
sov 10.JPG
sov 10.JPG (109.63 KiB) Viewed 3968 times
sailgood

Re: Race 2 - TRC 1 April

Postby samuel » 02 Apr 2020 01:14

I think rule 16.1 was break by sg due fault to give room to keep clear to sova.

there is no reason to make another post to my protest.
samuel

Postby jiel » 02 Apr 2020 10:36

Yop, it is looking like the incident I had with Parus few days ago where I thought Parus over-rotated.
Here, I think Sova failed to keep clear. From t=7min10sec Sova was under rule 11, SDG hold his course from 7min16 and the contact happened at t=7min21, so In My Opinion, Sova had all the room to keep clear but he over-rotated and made the contact. Please revise my case with Parus hahahaha :)
Jean-Luc
jiel

Postby euphoria » 02 Apr 2020 11:58

We don't count seconds from move until collision, but from move until response.
SG stop luffing at 7:16.80
Sova starts bearing away at 7:15.30.
That's a response time of -1.5 seconds, so everything is perfectly fine so far.

When the boats are parallel, windward can't stop there if the boats are close, he has to go on higher course, not not being stuck in immediate contact zone.

As a general principle, we can't do microscope umpiring... Leeward boat can always easily give room to keep clear under 16.1 by bearing away in these situations AND maintaining control .

In this case, Sova luffs past parallell and become clear ahead, so this case is simple. SG hit him and broke rule 12.
Sova was clear at 7:20.50
VSK pen at 7:21.45

Harald
euphoria
Site Admin

Postby sailgood » 02 Apr 2020 16:02

euphoria wrote:We don't count seconds from move until collision, but from move until response.
SG stop luffing at 7:16.80
Sova starts bearing away at 7:15.30.
That's a response time of -1.5 seconds, so everything is perfectly fine so far.

When the boats are parallel, windward can't stop there if the boats are close, he has to go on higher course, not not being stuck in immediate contact zone.

As a general principle, we can't do microscope umpiring... Leeward boat can always easily give room to keep clear under 16.1 by bearing away in these situations AND maintaining control .

In this case, Sova luffs past parallell and become clear ahead, so this case is simple. SG hit him and broke rule 12.
Sova was clear at 7:20.50
VSK pen at 7:21.45

Harald

But sova create contact with turning quickly, he create contact.
sailgood

Postby jiel » 02 Apr 2020 17:51

Yes Harald, indeed Sova was clear ahead when Nadeo Umpire puts the penalty. I even dont see contact on the video. I have understood your point and align up with it.
jiel

Postby euphoria » 02 Apr 2020 21:49

sailgood wrote:But sova create contact with turning quickly, he create contact.

I see your point, but that approach would require microscope umpiring...
Was he over rotating, or was he not?
Did he give your room, or did he not?
Could you have beard away earlier/quicker, or could you not?

He is luffing because he want to keep clear of you. He is doing what we want the sailors to do... If we are going to make contact in all these situations, then we will spend more time solving protest in the forum than we spend time sailing on the water. This is not necessary... The TRC is a casual tournament service where anyone can host events for the community. It's not a championship, so a little lax style is welcome :).

If you have right of way and you are in control, don't make contact if it's 15/16 situations. Make contact if you trapped the other skipper, or he made another tactical mistake, or if he is pushing to escape control.

Harald
euphoria
Site Admin

Postby sailgood » 03 Apr 2020 16:50

euphoria wrote:
sailgood wrote:But sova create contact with turning quickly, he create contact.

I see your point, but that approach would require microscope umpiring...
Was he over rotating, or was he not?
Did he give your room, or did he not?
Could you have beard away earlier/quicker, or could you not?

He is luffing because he want to keep clear of you. He is doing what we want the sailors to do... If we are going to make contact in all these situations, then we will spend more time solving protest in the forum than we spend time sailing on the water. This is not necessary... The TRC is a casual tournament service where anyone can host events for the community. It's not a championship, so a little lax style is welcome :).

If you have right of way and you are in control, don't make contact if it's 15/16 situations. Make contact if you trapped the other skipper, or he made another tactical mistake, or if he is pushing to escape control.

Harald

Im agree with you, we are here only for just not to make the same mistakes again.
sailgood

Return to Team Racing Cup - Official Protests