help to understand RPC

Forum for TRC events. Pre race messages, protests and post race chat...

Moderator: VTC Race Committee

dmin can remove the

Postby jiel » 07 Feb 2020 18:40

In reading that, I thought : imagine a 6-skippers event where one left after only one race and there is no other available skipper. The Admin must close the event but before there is a "Copy the event" button which would allow to create a new event with the same skippers and in which the Admin can remove the quitter. The new event will automatically switch to a 4-skippers event without work for the skippers (but one among the 5 stays out however). On the reverse and later, if a new skipper joins, the Admin copies and closes the current event to jump in the created 6-skippers event. So there is a continously way to race during the evening.

Cheers,
Jean-Luc
jiel

Re: help to understand RPC

Postby euphoria » 09 Feb 2020 02:08

I see what you mean, but now I'm quite tired of all the coding the last two weeks... :-)
The system proved though tonight that it solves this quite elegant.
- When Andrey didn't show up, I replaced him by clicking on his name in any of the races, checked the box next to his name and selected Lottatori, who then was replaced in all his races.
If a skipper has to go, like Lottatori, I just click on that skippers name in the next race, I check the box next to the name and select blank skipper name. All remaining races will then have this skipper removed. Then the 5 skippers can decide whether or not they will race 2 vs 3, or if they do 2 vs 2, with the 3rd skipper having a race break (which can be convenient).
Both the score board and the ranking calculation takes only into account the races you actually have sailed. If you mouse-over the races won column in the score board now, you can see tool-tip "expected score", which is how many races you should have won to receive 0 rating points. On the first race day, the expected score for each race was 0.5 to both teams, as they were all equally rated.

I really liked the race table with 6 in the pool. So quick and smooth everything went. Group 2 scored their first race 19:59 and their tenth race 21:51. That's what I call efficiency! The race table was a little static in the beginning when someone did 4 races together in a row. However this will be better in the next TRC when the rating point sorting will mix the order to give more variety.

Looking forward to the next.

Harald
euphoria
Site Admin

Postby Shura » 09 Feb 2020 11:07

Thank you for your work!
Leo Tolstoy in my years did not write this.
Shura

Postby jiel » 16 Feb 2020 01:07

Dear Harald,
The site is very good and flexible.
How to prevent the scoretable to turn to RPC when 8 skippers registered as you did tonight saturday ?
Cheers,
Jean-Luc
jiel

Postby euphoria » 16 Feb 2020 02:37

Hi Jean-Luc,

I removed all hosts but me... When there is only enough hosts for 1 group, it will be a group of 6 if at least 6 entries.
It is also possible to achieve this by just deleting the latest entries, but the above is better.
Maybe even better with a button to do this, but I think we are ok.

Some manual work on the scoreboard, took less than 5 minutes with a brain routine.

Harald
euphoria
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Team Racing Cup - Official Protests