official @ go hard or go home, RACE3, Mac/Jiel

Forum for TRC events. Pre race messages, protests and post race chat...

Moderator: VTC Race Committee

official @ go hard or go home, RACE3, Mac/Jiel

Postby jiel » 31 Mar 2020 19:33

At the downwind mark 75% of the replay, the wind changed in such a way that Mac, under 17, was above his proper course. He didnt change course a while and Jiel protested "P mac". Mac didnt do 360 arguing he didnt luff and Ilya argued we were not on the LL.
IMO its a rule 17 violation.
Because the Jiel team won the race, this protest could be not usefull however. I dont know if the oponents protested.
Attachments
p17 mac jiel fin de course.Replay.Gbx
(838.23 KiB) Downloaded 297 times
jiel

Re: official @ go hard or go home, RACE3, Mac/Jiel

Postby Ilya » 01 Apr 2020 00:04

jiel wrote:At the downwind mark 75% of the replay, the wind changed in such a way that Mac, under 17, was above his proper course. He didnt change course a while and Jiel protested "P mac". Mac didnt do 360 arguing he didnt luff and Ilya argued we were not on the LL.
Because the Jiel team won the race, this protest could be not usefull however. I dont know if the oponents protested.

Jiel i agree with you.
Mac cant u luff. I thought you wanted tack, so I wrote that you are not in LL yet
Ilya

Re: official @ go hard or go home, RACE3, Mac/Jiel

Postby sailgood » 01 Apr 2020 13:48

jiel wrote:At the downwind mark 75% of the replay, the wind changed in such a way that Mac, under 17, was above his proper course. He didnt change course a while and Jiel protested "P mac". Mac didnt do 360 arguing he didnt luff and Ilya argued we were not on the LL.

need exact time when you think mac broke 17.
sailgood

Return to Team Racing Cup - Official Protests