Team Europe

Post in these topics if you want to challenge a team.

Moderator: VTC Race Committee

Postby ing.quazzo » 28 Jun 2006 19:52

hello, team VSkA challenge TEAM EUROPE to a team race...if team europe want play with us ,write in this forum..see you :D :D :D :D
ing.quazzo

Postby admiral 1 » 02 Jul 2006 10:32

Having a bit of trouble dragging our guys from their TV momentarily.
We'll get back to you asap. (Don't expect news before the 9th of july 23:00 :) )
Theeuwes de Jong, skipper of Admiral

"As far as I can remember, there aren't a lot of points of land or holidays named after people who sat at home and criticized Christopher Columbus."

( Paul Cayard, from the Pirates base, in an e-mail to race HQ. 25 Jan 2006 volvooceanrace.org)
admiral 1

Postby jofy » 13 Jul 2006 11:16

Ciao admiral..and now is possible race agaisnt your team ??

VSka wait you and your skippers
:)

VSKA
jofy

Postby admiral 1 » 13 Jul 2006 12:54

You may savely presume we're done watching the telly. Congrats BTW :)

Consider you challenge accepted as of today 13th of july ! :blues:

Saw you already have the 'active' challenge thread going, so lets move there to
set a date.

"As far as I can remember, there aren't a lot of points of land or holidays named after people who sat at home and criticized Christopher Columbus."

( Paul Cayard, from the Pirates base, in an e-mail to race HQ. 25 Jan 2006 volvooceanrace.org)
admiral 1

Postby texas-rose » 17 Oct 2006 07:22

Hello

Team sweden want to challenge your team.
Please tell me when its possible.

Reagards Texas:cool:
texas-rose

Postby admiral 1 » 17 Oct 2006 09:16

Accepted. :)

I started a thread here

Team Sweden vs. Team Europe

:beer:

admiral 1

Postby texas-rose » 17 Oct 2006 20:52

Hello

What about Monday next week at 21,00

Regards Texas
texas-rose

Postby admiral 1 » 18 Oct 2006 13:42

The sailing instructions at 2.8 dictate:
When a challenge request has been accepted, a topic for the challenge should be created in the forum for challenges. This topic should have "team name of challenger" vs "name of other team" as title. Use the topic to communicate in order to schedule the race. The topic should later be used for posting of race results.

I already opened that topic. This link should take you there.
Team Sweden vs. Team Europe Topic in the Active Challenge thread.

All comunication scheduling the race should be there.

:beer: :beer:

admiral 1

Postby abracadabra » 05 Nov 2006 13:56

Team vskipper BLACK would like to challenge your team europe
If you accept..please start a new topic in active challenge.
Please after 12 november when i come back from short holidays
cu max abracadabra :beer:

Edited By abracadabra on 1162727881
abracadabra

Postby abracadabra » 23 Nov 2006 14:58

no answer?:(
abracadabra

Postby euphoria » 23 Nov 2006 15:24

Max, as it's been more than a week since your request, and more than a month since their last accepted challenge, you may open a challenge. That will probably wake people up :;):.

Harald
euphoria
Site Admin

Postby admiral 1 » 23 Nov 2006 21:52

As per Sailing Instructions

CHALLENGES

1. A team may challenge any other team.
2. The challenge doesn't have to be formal. Races can be organized by any communication meduim, but informal challenges does not influence the requirements for formal challenges (through the request procedure).

The last challenge accepted by Team Europe is a challenge from New-England accepted on the 31. of October 2006.

I think Max knows as he so happily posted in that challenge thread :)

Team New England vs Team Europe

2.9 If there was more than one challenge request, a team that did not get to challenge has to resubmit the request in order to make it valid again.

We forfeit on § 2.9

I will presume for now that we will be done with Team New England by Monday 27th. You can open a topic in the challenge thread starting the 27th.

:beer:

Edited By admiral 1 on 1164311612

admiral 1

Postby euphoria » 24 Nov 2006 11:17

As far as I can see, the last accepted formal challenge was on October 17th.
Which means your challenge with New England, opened Octoter 31st is informal.
"Informal challenges does not influence the requirements for formal challenges (through the request procedure)." This means that whatever happens informal should not be taken into account when evaluating at what time a formal request should be carried through to a challenge, and what team to be given priority. Just concider the challenge with New England as non existant :;):.

Harald
euphoria
Site Admin

Postby admiral 1 » 24 Nov 2006 21:52

:p I knew i should have gotten a degree in law :laugh:

informal challenges does not influence the requirements

Should that read an informal challenge request leads to a non existant challenge?

The requirements:

FORMAL CHALLENGE REQUESTS

1. There is a dedicated forum for formal challenge requests where each team has a forum topic.
2. A link to each teams forum topic for formal challenge requests is included in the ranking table.
3. The formal challenge request topic of a team should be tracked (by email) by at least two members of the team. Simply click "track this topic" at the bottom of your challenge request topic.
4. Any team can request to formally challenge any other team.
5. A team may accept a formal challenge request right away, but has the right to wait for what is longest of
* 1 week from a formal requested challenge
* 1 month since last accepted formal challenge request
6. If multiple teams request to formally challenge the same team before the team has accepted, then the forced priority is as follows (1 takes precedence over 2 etc.):
1. All other teams have priority over the team which was the last to formally challenge the relevant team through a formal challenge request.
2. A team ranked below the formally challenged team has priority over a team ranked above the challenged team.
3. A team with rank closer to the formally challenged team has priority.
4. A team posting the formal request first has priority.
7. A formal request is officially accepted when either
* the formallyrequested team is accepting the formal request
* any of the formally requesting teams or an administrator point out that the formal request period is due (ref article 2.3.5).
8. When a formal challenge request has been accepted, a topic for the formal challenge should be created in the forum for challenges. This topic should have "team name of challenger" vs "name of other team" as title. Use the topic to communicate in order to schedule the race. The topic should later be used for posting of race results.
9. If there was more than one formal challenge request, a team that did not get to formally challenge has to resubmit the request formally in order to make it valid again.

# A formal challenge that is a result of a formal challenge request should generally be completed within 1 month. If it's not, and one team want to claim a walkover, this request (to claim a walkover) should be posted in the challenge topic in the forum.

You may cut and paste :)

Some questions remain: If our challenge from New England cannot be concluded. Does it still become formal enough to award a walkover?

A request AND or challenge is only formal when and if there was a challenge request posted from the challenger and an accept posted from the challenged in the request challenge thread of the challenged team. Rather then a REQUEST CHALLENGE issued through other means of communication that
still underlies
does not influence the requirements for formal challenges
the SI §'s concerning the hereto "CHALLENGE REQUEST" ?

:D

Just concider the challenge with New England as non existant

Since it shows in the active challenge thread I think we (thats us and them) consider it pretty formal. What's more i think we presume it to be a formal challenge underlying all requirements that come with it.

:beer: :beer:

PS: Think we can work things out with VSKIPPER and Team New England before having to go to lawschool. :O

Edited By admiral 1 on 1164398457

admiral 1

Postby admiral 1 » 28 Nov 2006 14:53

Since you didn't open a topic yet, i did.

Vskipper vs. Team Europe

admiral 1

PreviousNext

Return to Challenge Requests