ITBYC Courses

Open 24/7

ITBYC Courses

Postby Abra » 30 Mar 2010 19:58

Can anyone send me (or direct me) to all the courses for the ITBYC TC race management system? The ' Pure' courses do not have all the courses that the TC does.

You can email them to: abra.vskusa@gmail.com

Thanks,

Dan
Dan Butler
Crew - Team U.S.A.
Skipper - Abracadabra USA 17
Abra

Re: ITBYC Courses

Postby euphoria » 31 Mar 2010 14:05

http://itbyc.org/courses/

However, I would suggest to create a new set.

Harald
euphoria
Site Admin

Postby ALB » 24 Apr 2010 12:29

Hi all, We at the unitednACCions race private and public ACC team races we do use some ITBYC maps as well as some slightly less conventional maps of our own, we also try to encourage players who are new to team racing as I am sure we all do, we have had some very entertaining fun evenings with oversubscription often being a problem, anyway to cut to the chase...a player was very critical of our maps and said you cannot have gates in team racing as it is against the rules? Is this true? I find the gates fine they just open up more tactical options, if it is true then I will amend the maps.

Cheers, John. (ALB)
ALB

Postby admiral 1 » 26 Apr 2010 17:54

If there is a rule prohibiting any kind of mark, or any course it must be a local rule, a.g of the yacht club or organizer. Afaik in match racing a starting box is prescribed all else is up to race organizers and race authorities. There may be class-rules for a boat-class that prescribe marks, but I do not know any.

Installer for basic maps , the RC44, and red / blue skins for ACC, and Offshore are here:

Download, unzip and execute.. (please change directory to your users VSK directory)

download ITBYC boat, skins, basic maps

download latest and current ITBYC maps
Theeuwes de Jong, skipper of Admiral

"As far as I can remember, there aren't a lot of points of land or holidays named after people who sat at home and criticized Christopher Columbus."

( Paul Cayard, from the Pirates base, in an e-mail to race HQ. 25 Jan 2006 volvooceanrace.org)
admiral 1

Postby CAN Knot » 27 Apr 2010 02:49

Using gates certainly throws a twist into setting mark traps, but I don't think there is a rule against that. I can't think of any ISAF rule that prohibits the "shape" of a course or the types of marks that can be used. It sounds more like sour grapes to me.
In theory there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice there is.
CAN Knot

Postby admiral 1 » 28 Apr 2010 09:59

Using gates certainly throws a twist into setting mark traps

In 2 vs 2 or 3 vs 3 it'll as good as spike mark traps, yet.... in 5 vs 5 like the Holland vs. Fryslan teamraces your 1,2 does not equal a win. Winning starts at <= 27 (e.g 1,2,5,9,10 ) a gate then could be interesting with teams trapping at both gate ends , might need an extra umpire i though..
Theeuwes de Jong, skipper of Admiral

"As far as I can remember, there aren't a lot of points of land or holidays named after people who sat at home and criticized Christopher Columbus."

( Paul Cayard, from the Pirates base, in an e-mail to race HQ. 25 Jan 2006 volvooceanrace.org)
admiral 1

Postby ALB » 28 Apr 2010 10:59

Thank for the support, if you want to have a look at or even try out any of our querky maps feel free; http://sites.google.com/site/vskaddicte ... ects=0&d=1

Cheers, John. (ALB)
ALB

Return to VSK Skippers Pub