Spawning points - Problem with

Ask the ITBYC panel

Postby Ron King » 20 Dec 2003 22:47

Hi,

Just brought VSK3 and never tried anything similar so very much a newbie here.

I wanted to set up a race around the IOW. but when I come to setting up some opponents it appears to tell me I have to sail that myself to record its path. Sounds like that will take a long time. Is there a quicker way?

Also when I try to save what I've done it gives me an error saying it needs at least 8 spawning poiints I can't find anything in the book about this. What is it and how do I set them up?

Cheer Ron
Ron King

Postby euphoria » 21 Dec 2003 00:52

Hi Ron,

Recording path is just for a dummy boat like the motor boats. Spam points are placed by activating the "Player" button on the Course tab. Put out 8 out them... Click multiple times on a spawn point to rotate orientation.

Harald
euphoria
Site Admin

Postby Camster » 21 Dec 2003 19:43

I have not found any way to set up a course of your own and create 'Computer' controlled boats to race with.

With the course builder, you have to sail against a dummy boat you have sailed previously. It of course ignores you and the rules!

Computer (AI) boats only appear in the challenge races - not ones you make yourself. It is a pity.
Camster

Postby admiral 1 » 22 Dec 2003 11:25

have to make a race in "solo" mode
every spawning point then get's an AI boat
Theeuwes de Jong, skipper of Admiral

"As far as I can remember, there aren't a lot of points of land or holidays named after people who sat at home and criticized Christopher Columbus."

( Paul Cayard, from the Pirates base, in an e-mail to race HQ. 25 Jan 2006 volvooceanrace.org)
admiral 1

Postby euphoria » 27 Dec 2003 23:11

Maybe in the beta Theo, but not in the final release... sigh

Harald
euphoria
Site Admin

Return to VSK Help Zone