World Team Racing Championships - 2004 VSK3 Championships

Open 24/7

Postby Aeolus » 12 Jan 2004 21:41

There is a form of sailing out there that we are sure isn’t well known. It is a form of racing that we feel takes VSK to another level. Not only does it build knowledge of the rules and improve boat handling but mainly introduces you to other virtual sailors.

ITBYC (International Team racing Beer drinking Yacht Club) was formed to promote and practice a sport that all its members have learned to love, team racing. Team racing is simply described as a match race but with three boats on each team. Each race will consist of six boats, three red boats and three blue boats. The main idea is to help your teammates score a better total then the opposition. For example if blue team finished 1st, 3rd, and 4th, then they would have lower total points then red with 2nd, 5th and 6th. In this scenario blue wins the race. It makes it very interesting when crossing the finish line, wondering weather you should or go back and help a teammate or cross the finish.

We, at ITBYC, are curious to see if skippers would like a “public” team race regatta. We have run a few within our membership and found them to be enjoyable. If there is an interest we will gladly organize one.

Our thoughts are to have teams of three skippers with a double knock out system. Depending on the amount of entries, a round robin might be possible. We would like to see teams of three skippers register but will also take single entries. We could create teams as long as there are enough single entries. Obviously the single entries will have to be in denominations of three and therefore it will be on a first come, first serve basis. Clubs will be able to enter as many teams as they like. For example, ITBYC will probably enter a minimum of three teams.

The regatta will be held using VSK3 in ACC boats and the deadline for entries is February 15th. Details of the rules and courses will be following in this forum. Please include the following information for registration:
1. Team Name.
2. Team Captain.
3. The Three Skippers Names.
4. The Three Skippers Boat Names.
5. The Three Skippers Email Addresses
6. What Country are you in. (Only if entering as a single player, not as a team.)

Obviously, skippers would have to be familiar with the team racing rules which is Appendix D of the ISAF rule book.

If you have any questions or would like to register for the World Team Racing Championships please email me at aeolus@itbyc.org Therefore we can keep the communication in email instead of having a bunch of different forums for me to track. We are posting this invite to many forums but will only be answering questions by email or in the ITBYC public forum at www.itbyc.org . Unfortunately I do only speak English so it would be nice if replies could be sent in English. I don't want to exclude any non English speaking people so if you send an email in a different language please put VSK French (or whatever language it is) in the subject so I will know what language to translate it from.

We would like to invite any skippers to join our “Open House” race nights to try out or practice team racing. We have set two times due to the wide area of time zones involved.

Jan 28th at 2100 North American Eastern Time (0200 GMT)
Jan 29th at 2100 GMT.
Feb 4th at 2100 North American Eastern Time (0200 GMT)
Feb 5th at 2100 GMT.

Please join our Chat Room for these race nights.

Cheers,
Tony
-Aeolus

Edited By Aeolus on 1073943045
Bottoms Up,
Tony
Aeolus

Postby jamesr » 07 Feb 2004 02:51

mate that sounds wikid. i'm guessing you guy's are american as i'm a british team racer and havent heard of itbyc before!! i might see what i can do about getting you a british team if you give me some dates. Also if anyone is up for some match racing then give me a shout
jamesr

Postby Aeolus » 07 Feb 2004 18:56

Not really sure of the dates as of yet but will probably be towards the end of Feb.

You are definately welcome to put in a team, just send me:
1. Team Name.
2. Team Captain.
3. The Three Skippers Names.
4. The Three Skippers Boat Names.
5. The Three Skippers Email Addresses

Send them to aeolus@itbyc.org

Thanks,
Tony
Bottoms Up,
Tony
Aeolus

Postby Aeolus » 16 Feb 2004 14:15

The deadline for entries has been postponed until Feb 22 as a couple clubs have asked for more time to form teams.

Edited By Aeolus on 1076933738
Bottoms Up,
Tony
Aeolus

Postby euphoria » 16 Feb 2004 23:52

i'm guessing you guy's are american as i'm a british team racer and havent heard of itbyc before

Most continents are represented at itbyc. 3 of our 39 members are brits... (one of them active at west kirby).

...if you give me some dates

The championship will probably begin 1st of March, with a flexible schedule (no set dates, just limits), so if you're not out for the entire March and April you should not hesitate with signing up with a team (or as a single entry).

Harald
euphoria
Site Admin

Postby fredfred » 18 Feb 2004 18:40

Hello all, i am a french lama call lamardechois :) , and the lamateam is ready to participate at the World Team Racing Championships :) , if the animal are alowed , we gone have one team :cool: and may be 2 :blues: if the baby lama are motived, can we know on witch type of race the competition is gona run and a what time the race gona be play? (22h as your training session is cool).

You will recieve the inscition mail in the week..

WE ARE ALL LAMAS !!!

HOOOOMMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

LAMATEAM
fredfred

Postby Aeolus » 18 Feb 2004 20:26

You are more then welcome to enter a team or two if you want. The deadline for entries is this Sunday so you still have a little time. Racing will begin around March 1st. I haven't set the format or rules yet as I wanted to know the number of teams entering the regatta. I will be posting the rules and times in this forum.

:beer:
Bottoms Up,
Tony
Aeolus

Postby Jarmus » 18 Feb 2004 22:53

fredfred wrote:WE ARE ALL LAMAS !!!

HOOOOMMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Nooooo ..... Not the Lamas! They are all twisted sick people who THINK they are LAMAS!

WE ARE NOT ALL LAMAS !!!
WE ARE ALL NOT LAMAS!!!
WE ALL ARE NOT LAMAS!!!
ARE WE ALL NOT LAMAS!?!
ARE WE NOT ALL LAMAS!?!
WE ARE ALL LAMAS ... :angry:

George
Jarmus

Postby fredfred » 18 Feb 2004 23:30

Jarmus, you are in the wrong way...

We are not twisted sick people :p, of course lamarsupio need to take pills before eatch race, to not make some little noise like "houba houba houba" or "zzzzzllllloiiiiiiiiing splurtch", of course ChatLamamouette think he is a bird who have eat a cat , and always try to fly, crying "miaouuu miaouuu (french cat noise don't no yours)", and it is not my fault if i have a wood leg, a washingmachine, eat it a long time ago....

but we all found the way, because DADY LAMA open our eyes, and show us that in fact there is a lama inside all of us, and i see the lama inside you jarmus, he is like an alien ready to born, and when he gona do it, you will see the light to, and you will make some strange noise, and you will cry WE ARE ALL LAMAS, and this day jarmus you will understant what i already know, that you and me are brother...
haaa i'm feeling full of happyness, what a day, i'm trying make the sheep grow into lamas, it' s a long way, but in the name of DADDY, nothing inpossible....

GLORY TO DADDY

WE ARE ALL LAMAS (and u 2 jarmus)

shit, where do i put my red pills, HAAAAAA NO PLEASE DOCTOR not the strait jacket please, not again...
fredfred

Postby ChatLamaMouette » 19 Feb 2004 02:17

Maaawraoww,
Excellent idea this team championship organized by the itbik club ! :p
We send our inscription.
??? But, if one of us 3 is absent for a race, can a team have one or two officials substitutes ? Or maybe the date will be choose together to assure each members teams can be available ?
Chatlamamouette of Lamaland (where it's already the riot! )
Oooohhmmmmrmrmrmrmrmr
WE'RE ALL LAMAS ! :p

Edited By ChatLamaMouette on 1077150325
ChatLamaMouette

Postby euphoria » 19 Feb 2004 10:05

If one of us 3 is absent for a race, can the teams have one or two officials substitutes? Or maybe the date will be chosen together to assure each members teams can be available?

Yes, you have to agree with the opponent team for the race date/time (before a certain deadline), so normally it should not be a problem. But the committee will also consider the option of allowing reserves.

Harald
euphoria
Site Admin

Postby aro69 » 22 Feb 2004 11:01

Two teams signing up from Denmark:

Team Fred:
SteelViking / Niels
Xelerate / Allan
aro69 / Anders

Team Mary:
DEN-113
Digiart
AndersDK

CU all,
Anders
Anders / aro69
aro69

Postby Aeolus » 23 Feb 2004 03:02

The registration time has expired and we have 14 teams in the tournament. The teams are as follows.

Axis of Evil (ITBYC)
Baby Lama
Beer Sluts (ITBYC)
Drunken Trappers (ITBYC)
Team Fred (DEN)
Team Guinness (FRA)
Team Magic (FRA)
Team Mary (DEN)
Twisted Sick Lamas
VSK Germany
VSK Italia 1
VSK Italia 2
VSK Portugal
Yuma Senators

We will be posting the format and schedule on thursday night and the tournament will begin on the 1st of March.

:beer:
Tony
Aeolus

Postby ChatLamaMouette » 23 Feb 2004 06:52

OK ! :p
We began our training...
@+ ChatLamaMouette
ChatLamaMouette

Postby euphoria » 23 Feb 2004 08:25

LMAO :laugh:

It seems like the Lamas have found the winning formula allready :)

Cheers :beer: :beer:
Harald
Drunken Trappers
euphoria
Site Admin

Next

Return to VSK Skippers Pub