Anyone home?

Open 24/7

Postby DDodge » 17 Aug 2004 13:18

I just got this program and am enjoying it immensely. (Still working to get good enough to go online) I note from some forums that there used to be lots(?) of skins available on VSK Central, which no longer exists. Is there anywhere else a person might find new paint and sails?

I hope I didn't get here so late that no one is left playing it.

Don D
DDodge

Postby amic » 17 Aug 2004 14:25

Hey again Don

we are still quite a bunch playing the game. The community is slow these days because of the summer holidays.

Not sure how good your French is but the best place for skins is probably Virtual Winds, the French community site.

You probably have to register, which happens here
http://www.virtual-winds.com/register.php

Then in the download sections you will finds skins and courses
http://www.virtual-winds.com/modules/mydownloads/

"Texture" is the French word for skin. As you will see on that page, you have 81 Open 60 skins, 154 ACC skins, 48 Offshore and 39 Melges. Enough for a start I am sure :p

Otherwise, VSK3 will "officially" launch in the US in September. Took all that time for Nadeo to secure the distribution agreements etc. That should give the global community, and in particular the North American one, a boost in the last quarter of the year.

Do you play online? If so -you should, that's where the fun is-, see you there some time.
arnaud, aka amic
amic

Postby DDodge » 17 Aug 2004 19:48

Merci beaucoup, Arnaud/amic.

I haven't played online yet as I am not good enough. My brother is getting the game so the two of us can practice online.

Mon Français est à peine égal cela d'un enfant. :(

Je peux lire un peu et obtenir l'aide de Babelfish. :)

Don D
DDodge

Postby amic » 18 Aug 2004 15:14

If I were you I wouldn't worry to much about "getting good" before you start playing online. Me thinks you'll make progress faster if you go online and ask a few questions / watch/copy the better players out there (watch their angles etc).

And no worries about language skills -although you'll find many of the French and Italian players don't speak much English at all...

Cheers
amic
amic

Postby The Nude » 19 Aug 2004 21:13

although you'll find many of the French and Italian players don't speak much English at all...

bloody rude foreigners ;)

Edited By The Nude on 1092942880
The Nude

Postby DDodge » 21 Aug 2004 02:36

amic, I registered, but I keep getting an "idenifiant incorrect" ?

TNude, I know how much trouble you brits seem to have with foriegn johnnies . . . "Wouldn't have had them in the regiment in my day!"

Merci encore, arnaud :)

Don D
DDodge

Postby DDodge » 21 Aug 2004 23:23

I figured it out and got registered. It was just my pathetic French. . . :)

Don D
DDodge

Postby Camster » 05 Sep 2004 12:52

Eh bien. Zut alors! Mon francais est formidable maintenent. Tout le monde a vsk disait que je suis un virtuel matelot francais (not). But VSK helps language skills, and should be compulsory at school! Go-on get online>>>>>>>

a bientot, Sandy
Camster

Return to VSK Skippers Pub