Network trouble - hosting help

Open 24/7

Postby capt bakes » 23 Nov 2004 21:33

I am having trouble hosting a game. I get a pop up saying " need to turn of my DNA setting because people might have trouble accessing my game"

How do i turn it off? What network settings do you all use in the config section?
capt bakes

Postby Alfa_Romeo » 26 Nov 2004 05:56

I have the same sort of problem...people can't joing my races even though it shows up, and that message doesn't appear. When I first got the game it worked, nothing has changed on my computer or hardware, etc. but now I can't host.
Alfa_Romeo (CAN)
Alfa_Romeo

Postby hula » 27 Nov 2004 19:45

In the Nadeo "Knowledge base" report:
"you seem to be on a private network, please configure your NAT" Simply put, the game can read your IP address... it knows a Private address from a Public address. Any address that falls into these ranges is a "Private Address":

10.0.0.0 - 10.255.255.255
172.16.0.0 - 172.31.255.255
192.168.0.0 - 192.168.255.255

Chances are you have one of the 192.168.*.* addresses. Anyway, the game can see that and knows your behind a router or on some private network.

In order for the game to work, you have to tell the game what your Internet IP address is... If you go to this site: http://www.whatismyipaddress.com/ it should tell you your Internet IP.

Then you have to stick that into the IP address part of the game Network Configuration.

You'll also have to configure your Router to forward port 2350 to whatever 192.168.*.* address your computer is using.

Even after you do all that, you'll always get the warning that you're behind a NAT but if you set all this up, ignore it.

If you can't figure this much out, then you'll probably have to just play on other people's computers or come out from behind your router to play by going into the DMZ.

:beer:
Aloha

Claudio - hula
hula

Postby Alfa_Romeo » 28 Nov 2004 18:45

That's how I try and make it work on my computer and it used to but for some reason it doesn't anymore....oh well.
Alfa_Romeo (CAN)
Alfa_Romeo

Postby capt bakes » 29 Nov 2004 18:08

I am totaly on a router. Thanks for the info. I will putting in my address. As it stands now i have a whole bunch of zero and my port is 2350.
capt bakes

Postby admiral 1 » 02 Dec 2004 10:52

Don't forget to tell your firewall to allow connections to your vsk computer's port 2350, or whatever port you are using.

Also give the right (public) ip:port in the force server adress fields in the vsk config.
Theeuwes de Jong, skipper of Admiral

"As far as I can remember, there aren't a lot of points of land or holidays named after people who sat at home and criticized Christopher Columbus."

( Paul Cayard, from the Pirates base, in an e-mail to race HQ. 25 Jan 2006 volvooceanrace.org)
admiral 1

Postby Lexar » 05 Dec 2004 02:55

Alfa_Romeo wrote:I have the same sort of problem...people can't joing my races even though it shows up, and that message doesn't appear. When I first got the game it worked, nothing has changed on my computer or hardware, etc. but now I can't host.

Hello averybody, ciao Euphoria :-)

If it may be of help to Alfa Romeo's problem, I had the same situation and could not find the reason about the hosting dilemma which came out after I usually could host & guest with no problems.

Finally I find the solution (which was good for me but may not be for others).

I unistalled Windows Service Pack 2 (SP2) and everything went fine again with Vsk3.

It may be possible that Alfa Romeo (who says "nothing has changed in my PC") that he made the upgrade to SP2 without noticing it (Microsoft automatic update).

If ths is the problem, you can uninstall SP2 from Control Pannel, as you do with any other program.

Ciao
Enrico (Lexar)
Lexar

Return to VSK Skippers Pub