Game Crashes!!! - Just installed a new memory module

Ask the ITBYC panel

Postby Skorpa » 11 Mar 2005 12:44

Hello Guys,

I have a problem. I just added more 512mb of ram memory. Now everytime I try to play Vsk3 the game crashes.

I have 3 memory sticks: 256 + 512 + 512. They are the correct type as everytime I bought one I took one to compare.

All the rest works fine, if there is a problem with the stick, shouldn´t it affect the all PC? It´s true that Vsk3 uses more memory, maybe the problem is when accessing it? Could be videocard related?

Maybe something in the BIOS config? But then, isn´t these things meant to work just by installing it?

I´m going to ask the dealer but any ideias would be most welcome.

Edit:
Maybe too much memory for the CPU to handle? I have a P4 2.8 Ghz.

Edited By Skorpa on 1110538002
Skorpa

Postby Skiffie » 12 Mar 2005 02:41

Skorpa wrote:All the rest works fine, if there is a problem with the stick, shouldn´t it affect the all PC?

Edit:
Maybe too much memory for the CPU to handle? I have a P4 2.8 Ghz.

I'd agree with you regarding the system crashing, rather than just the game (is this the case???) I had a bad stick of memory that would intermittently cause the whole system to go into Blue Screen of Death. I ended up replacing both of the 2 x 256MB sticks and haven't had a problem since.

I wouldn't think it's a CPU issue... maybe a mainboard issue, but I'd doubt a CPU issue.
Mark (Skiffie)
Team Rumbilical Brothers

"That was the best Friday night I've had in a week."
Skiffie

Postby Skorpa » 12 Mar 2005 23:43

It was a mainboard problem, well not a problem, though I have 3 slots available for memory modules, it can only have 2 like the ones I use. I had to dump the 256 stick.

Thnx for the help and to Keith also for is brilliant non working ideas, but at least I got some company :p .
Skorpa

Return to VSK Help Zone