ABnormal Team vs Union of 2005 - Scheduling and results

Finalized challenges will be move here by an admin.

Moderator: VTC Race Committee

Postby euphoria » 10 Apr 2005 13:28

Hi Andrea,

The Union would prefer to race monday at 21:30. Let us know if this is ok for your team. Otherwise we are available wednesday, friday or sunday at the same time.

We would like to race on the following courses:
TR Box F3
TR Box F4
TR Box F5

Union of 2005 will most likely concist of Odin, Brumlemann and euphoria for this race, and we would like to use this Odin-skin for the races. The skin is red, and I've seen that your skin is blue'ish, so I suggest we follow those vsk3 colors as well...

Please confirm if monday is ok at least some hours in advance.

Cheers :beer:
ImageImage
Harald the Horrible
euphoria
Site Admin

Postby andrea » 10 Apr 2005 19:50

Hi Harald,
unfortunately my team is not available on monday because of another tournament, but we surely can race on wednesday night, at what time you prefer from 22:00 on.
We also would like to race on F4 and F5, but, if it does not make any significant difference to you, we would prefer to race on F6 instead of F3. Otherwise, we still agree to race on F3, F4 and F5.
Since my team is not as ISAF-experienced as yours, I also ask you if you can give us a brief overview of what situations should be handled beyond the VSK umpire and when, conversely, we can rely on VSK umpire's decision.
Thank you,

Andrea
There are 10 different kinds of people: those who understand binaries, and those who don't.
andrea

Postby euphoria » 11 Apr 2005 08:44

We have an appointment... Wednesday at 22:00!

if it does not make any significant difference to you, we would prefer to race on F6 instead of F3

If it makes a difference to you, we would like to stay with F3 :;):.

Since my team is not as ISAF-experienced as yours, I also ask you if you can give us a brief overview of what situations should be handled beyond the VSK umpire and when, conversely, we can rely on VSK umpire's decision.

Information of what situations should be handled beyond the VSK umpire is given in the sailing instructions, article 3.2. But if you would like to include more of correct ISAF, we are very happy to accept it, as we usually sail this way. But we understand if this is difficult for teams with little ISAF knowledge, which is why the addtitional rules are limited to the two listed in article 3.2.

Rule 16.1 and rule 18 are the two ISAF rules which are least succesfully coded in VSK3. It's hard to make a general rule for 18, but here's an attempt for rule 16.1 (which is about to be introduced at vsk-match):

If there was a VSK3 penalty, a right-of-way boat broke rule 16.1 if she changed course towards the give-way boat, and this boat immediately did her best to keep clear.

I suggest we meet directly on the water.
I will host the races with password "VTC".
See you wednesday at 22:00.

Cheers :beer:
ImageImage
Harald the Horrible
euphoria
Site Admin

Postby andrea » 11 Apr 2005 12:08

Hi Harald,
the race will be on F3, F4 and F5.
As an attempt to learn, we would like the race to be as ISAF as possible. Furthermore, since we are completely ignorant about that stuff and quite "naif" VSKippers, we will inconditionally trust you about the correctness of any pen (we'll ask during the race) and we will autopen in case of a wrong choice by the VSK's umpire.
Alchoolically yours,

Andrea :beer:
There are 10 different kinds of people: those who understand binaries, and those who don't.
andrea

Postby euphoria » 13 Apr 2005 23:58

ABnormal Team vs Union of 2005 (RED) 1-2

Race 1: TR Box F4
BLUE: 1 2 5 = 8
RED: 3 4 6 = 13

Race 2: TR Box F5
RED: 1 2 6 = 9
BLUE: 3 4 5 = 12

Race 3: TR Box F6
RED: 1 2 5 = 8
BLUE: 3 4 6 = 13

The ABnormal Team was participating with Andrea, Paul Gaiardo and substitute Seawolf (thanks for stepping in!).
The Union for the night was represented by Brumlemann, Odin and euphoria.

It was some very good and close races. Very good debut by the italian team. See you again.
ImageImage
Harald the Horrible
euphoria
Site Admin

Return to Old Challenges