Game Potential - How do we stack up

Suggestions for the next VSK version (and VSK bug reports)

Postby Bifrosty » 11 Jan 2001 21:41

[url=http://www.paypal.com/

sign]http://www.paypal.com/

sign[/url] up for international citizens...

i'm gonna put out a little notice on the mailing in a moment...
Bifrosty

Postby admiral 1 » 11 Jan 2001 23:27

Good idea, but instead of having send money how about sending beer. Even at a can, or bottle at the time it makes a #### of an impression if they get swamped by a collection of the most exotic beers. As far as my knowledge goes there ar 6 people at duran that are more or less asigned to VSK (that info is a bit old though).
Theeuwes de Jong, skipper of Admiral

"As far as I can remember, there aren't a lot of points of land or holidays named after people who sat at home and criticized Christopher Columbus."

( Paul Cayard, from the Pirates base, in an e-mail to race HQ. 25 Jan 2006 volvooceanrace.org)
admiral 1

Postby Bifrosty » 12 Jan 2001 00:51

well, that could be individual, I would prefer sending 10 bucks, and then get o2 to buy some danish beer like carlsberg or tuborg...
or some other good beer...

but i see the point, a six pack of your preferred local beer from 20 different people would be great, but shipping etc. might be a problem...

let's see if the other members are interested in cheering the vsk team up;)
Bifrosty

Postby No Match » 12 Jan 2001 21:08

The idea about external companies making plug-ins for VSK in similar fashion to whats happened during the development of MS Flight sim may be a good idea in the long term.
As regard the Duran's involment in their game, I think it's some kind of playtime baby for Pascal Herold who is rumoured to be somewhat of a sailing fanatic.

On the issue communications and export of ideas to Duran, we definitely need to make an effort to improve diplomatic relations with its government.
In that context I think Bifrosty's suggestion of sending some consumable gifts :beer:, as a sign of friendship to the government of Duran and its people, should be supported by every other member of this council.

As for promotion of the game, I think a separate spectator site that can be viewed on widescreens in pubs and the like could be a big hit, provided the lag monster stays home (Well, more about that under the "Spectator" topic).
[b]Best regards:
[b]Jens aka No Match
No Match

Previous

Return to Virtual Skipper Future